How to install Kitkat based Cosmic Rom on Galaxy S Duos
Samsung Galaxy S Duos is one of the popular android based smartphone released by Samsung. By default it having Android 4.0.4 ICS version, here the tutorial is to how to install Android KitKat version. It is done by the help of cosmic custom ROM v2.5. Cosmic ROM is the best faster, smooth and stylish ROM. Cosmic v2.5 is fully based on Android KitKat v4.4. If you want to install cosmic ROM v2.5 previously you must install cosmic v2.
dfdg Cosmic ROM v2.5 Changelog
- By default KitKat theme framework, clock, dialer has been installed in this ROM.
- KitKat based NOVA launcher has been installed.
- The following application are installed in this ROM Voice recorder, Fastest Gallery, File Manager HD, Recorder etc.
- Latest version of Play Store has been installed in this version.
- Xposed framework and many tweaks[Dolby sound, System CPU speed etc] are installed on this version.
- It saves your mobile battery life/
- 32 different style battery icons and battery animation has been added in this version.
- KitKat based center clock and white color font has been added in the status bar.
- Much more.
- Cosmic v2 ROM File → Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3 [ 406.65 MB ]
- Cosmic v2.5 ROM File → Download Link [ 82.71 MB ]
- Backup everything in your device including contact, SMS, application etc.
- Keep your mobile battery level above 80%.
- Before going to install this ROM you must install CWM recovery mode [ To install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S Duos visit here ].
- Cosmic ROM v2.5 must needed cosmic ROM v2, so first install cosmic v2 then install cosmic v2.5.
- Download the above specified file.
- Turn off your device and wait until it vibrate.
- Reboot your device into CWM recovery mode by pressing the following key at a same time Volume Up + Volume Down + Home + Power Keys.
- In the recovery mode Volume keys are used to navigate between the option and Home key is used to select the desired option.
- When you enter into CWM recovery mode backup your currently installed ROM using the backup/restore option.
- After installation if you want to go back your previously installed ROM this backup file must needed [note: it needs nearly 2.5 GB free space in your SD card].
- To perform the Wipe data/Factory reset operation and clear the cache memory/user data stored in your device.
- Select the install zip from SD card option then browse and choose the Comic ROM v2 file then proceed to install.
- After installed cosmic v2 then again select install zip from SD card, browse and select the cosmic v2.5 ROM then proceed to install.
- Then select the Reboot system now option and reboot your device.
- That’s all KitKat based cosmic ROM v2.5 has been successfully installed in your device.
- Only the first boot will takes long time don’t worry about that.
Via | XDA