How to Unlock Sony Xperia Device Bootloader
After the lot of confusions, queries, commands about Sony Bootloader unlock we are going to post a new post about Sony Xperia Device Bootloader unlock tutorial. Before going to unlock you must know about why to unlock the bootloader? the answer for the question is the only way to install custom ROM’s on your device you must unlock the bootloader of your device. This is reason behind unlock the bootloader. This is an official way to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Go to official sony bootloader unlock page and read everything carefully!
- In your device, open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status.
- If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
- After verifying that go to sony official bootloader loader unlock page scroll down and click the continue button.
- In the next page enter your correct E-Mail address and accept the term and condition press the submit button.
- Finally you get a message about unlock code details after getting a unique unlock code proceed to continue. [ Tips: IMEI – *#06# ]
- Extract the above downloaded fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar file and open fastboot folder.
- By Holding the SHIFT button and right click then Select ‘Open command window here’ option.
- Now Turn off your device and enter into fastboot mode by holding Volume UP button and plug in USB Cable. [ Make sure sony drivers are installed on your system ].
- In the cmd windows type the following commands fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version.
- In CMD if a value is returned (it will return 0.5), which means the phone is correctly connected.
- Otherwise disconnect your device and reconnect it once again.
- In the CMD window type the following commands fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key which u received earlier.
- Congratulation your device bootloader has been unlocked successfully.
Via | XDA