How to Root Sony Xperia Z2 on Android 4.4.2
In the previous post we discuss about how to install CWM custom recovery on your Sony Xperia Z2. In this post we discuss about how to root your Sony Xperia Z2 on Android 4.4.2.
This tutorial will help your to root your device and access the system files etc. To know more about the rooting features visit here.
Note: Keep in your Mind Rooting your phone will definitely void its warranty.
Root Sony Xperia Z2 on Android 4.4.2
- Keep your mobile battery level above 80%.
- Backup everything in your mobile include contact, apps, games, sms etc..
- Before going to root you must install any one of the custom recovery on your device, to install CWM recovery follow the tutorial here.
- DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip [1.14 MB]
- Download the above SuperSU file and copy the file into your mobile SD card without extraction.
- Turn off your mobile and boot it into recovery mode by turn on your phone when you see the ‘Sony Logo’ and the LED light turns pink keep pressing Volume Up key until the recovery menu will shown.
- Once enter into recovery mode select install zip from SD card and browse then select the SuperSU file.
- Using the Volume Up Volume Down key for navigation and Power button for confirm.
- After the SuperSU installation select the reboot option from the menu.
- That’s all now your mobile has been rooted successfully.
Via | Source