Sony Xperia M Android Kitkat 4.4 Update
Sony Xperia M is a most selling android smartphone released by Sony on last year. The new android kitkat 4.4 update has been released. It is an unofficial update. The New Kitkat update has been don with the help of CM11 [Cyanogenmod 11]. It is only tested on Sony Xperia M C1905 model alone.
Known Bugs [26-Dec-2013]
- Routing audio to Headphones
- NFC, GPS
- Auto Brightness, Notification LED
How to Install Sony Xperia M Android Kitkat
- Backup everything in your mobile include contact, apps, games, sms etc..
- Enable USB Debugging in your mobile by Goto -> Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
- Keep your mobile battery level above 80%.
- Before going to install kitkat update you must install any one of the recovery mode in your mobile [Tips to install CWM on Sony Xperia M]
- DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: cm-11-20131225-UNOFFICIAL-c1905 [www.samprix.com].zip [177 MB]
- DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140531-signed.zip [267.1 MB]
- Copy the above downloaded ROM file and Gapps file to you mobile SD card without extract.
- Boot your mobile into recovery mode by using:
Switch off your Xperia M mobile.
Switch it back on and the time when you see your phone’s LED notification light turn Pink! (or changes to any other color) — start pressing either the Volume UP or Volume Down key a couple of times to make your phone boot into recovery mode.
Once you’re in recovery mode.
Use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down between options and Power button to select an option in recovery.
- To clean up your device using the following options: [This will delete all the application settings games message etc all in your phone.]
Select Wipe data/Factory reset and then select Yes to confirm
Select Wipe Cache Partition and then select Yes to confirm
- Now install the kitkat Rom using Install zip and then browse Choose ROM zip from SD card [downloaded rom file]
- After that again select Install zip and then browse Choose the Gapp zip file from SD card [downloaded gapps file]
- Now reboot your device, that’s all android kitkat 4.4.2 has been installed on your device.
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Keep in your mind don’t remove your mobile during the flash.
Via | Credits